Responding to the continuing situation where children are spending more time online, Brooklands has extensively considered online safety integrating this throughout our planning and design of its teaching activities.
Please refer to our Remote Learning Policy for further guidance.
Online safety concerns should still be reported to the school’s Online Safety Lead (Mike Waddell) as normal. Parents can do this through Class Dojo messaging or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
If parents have any safeguarding concerns that need discussing, they can contact us on email@example.com and one of our Safeguarding Leads (Christine Davy or Mike Waddell) will get in touch.
The following websites offer useful support:
- Childline - for support
- UK Safer Internet Centre - to report and remove harmful online content
- CEOP - for advice on making a report about online abuse
In addition, the following sites are an excellent source of advice and information:
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- London Grid for Learning - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre - advice for parents and carers